Tuesday, July 11

American Stuck In Spain

What happens when an airline that services your planes go on strike? When you are flying stand by, you get stuck in Spain. Never imagine that I would get stuck in a foreign country, but what I imagine came true and then became a nightmare. After Ibernia airline went on strike, they service our planes in Spain, a bunch of their clients bought tickets on US airways so that they could get back to the states. A flight that was undersold by 24, all of sudden became overbooked by 25. I was stuck in Spain. I had 20 Euros left and my bank card. After I use the internet and made some calls, my money started to dwindled. Now I found out that BOA had blocked my card because I did not informed them that I was going to Spain. They saw some charges coming from there and wanted to be safe.

My cousin tried to wired me money to Western Union, but I got to the shop 10 mins after they close. I even tried to go to one on the streets of Madrid and got there late. Now I am stuck in the middle of Madrid. I was able to borrow a euro from an American on the street to get back to the airport. BOA after they took block off my card, they then canceled my card. Luckily I was able to swipe it and get a hotel room for the night at midnight. Even though my card did not work the next day....I did not have to sleep on the streets of Madrid. I was able to get a flight out the next day..but it was a nightmare for that 24 hour period.

1 comment:

The Black Planeteer said...

Awww, I'm still so sorry that happened to you. I felt so bad after I got your email. See, you should've let me go with you to the airport.

Yeah, you were way lucky on that card. Otherwise, you would've been on the streets that night.