Sunday, October 22

Love's Mystery, God's Answer

I never been a poetry writer, but one night I was thinking about relationships lost and how they turn. I thought of this poem. I had to write it down before it faded a way. So here is my first attempt at writing something inspirational. Could not think of a name for my poem, but thanks to the lovely Katrina Campbell, she gave me the name

When the love was strong...
I looked to my right and you were right there
I looked to my left and you never left my side
I looked behind me and I saw that you were watching my back
I looked in front of me and there was a window with you in it and you had a light and opportunity

When the love faded............
I looked to my right and you had left
I looked to my left and nothing was right
I looked behind me and you had turned your back
I looked in front and the window became a mirror and all I could see was you walking away.

When I found my strength back.......
I looked to my right and God said "I've always been right here"
I looked to my left and God said "I've never once left your side"
I looked behind me and God said "I've always had your back"
I looked in front and the mirrow became a door and God said "Take my hand child, and follow me"


Instead of trusting people to watch your sides
Know that God is at every side to watch over you.


By Gregory Elgin Kindred
Written October 20, 2006

No comments: