Monday, April 28

Recipe: Kahlua Drunken Pineapples

Someone asked me why I dont I put recipes on my blog....I decided to add this recipe because it always goes over big at bbq's.

Ingredients:
2 Fresh Pineapples (If you can fly to Hawaii and get these)
1 bottle of Kahlua
Brown Sugar
Optional:
Haagen Daz Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream
Butterscotch snapps

Directions:
Peel and core the Pineapple. Try to leave the pineapple intact.....Cut the pineapple in whole steak cuts. If you cored the pineapple correctly....you should be able to cut it in 1/2 inch steaks cuts and the core is out of the center. Marinate the pineapple in Kahlua for at least 4 hours. I usually do it over night. After finishing BBQ'ing on hot coals...if you are using gas...please dont make my recipe....this is for real people that truly bbq. Coat pineapple with brown sugar and place on grill. Once pineapple and sugar camelizes and you get your grill marks take off.

Two ways to serve this....
1. Got this part from a Brazilian restuarant in Philly.....drizzles some butterscotch snapps on it.
2. Serve with ice cream, Haagen n Dazs pineapple coconut is the best to go with this....sizzles on some chocolate (I make a chocolate drizzle with baileys and chocolate syrup).

No comments: