Saturday, May 24

Harbor Seafood and Oyster, Kenner, LA 70065

If you want good Cajun seafood at a reasonable price, where do you go? You go where the locals go? Well the locals in New Orleans go to Harbor Seafood. Tasty little joint about 10 miles from the airport.

On a hot steamy and humid day in Louisiana, we decided to end our trip with some more Cajun food. I must say this place is really really good. As you walk in, you will see most of the locals partaking in the crawfish bake (boil crawfish, corn, and potatoes). I like crawfish but that is just too much work for me for the little about of meat.

~~Setting~~
This place is relatively small but they serve a lot of people. The tables are so close together, that you could eat off your neighbors plate. Which in L.A. would probably not be a big deal. But no complaints because that how they roll in the south. The staff is great and willing to serve and explain anything on the menu to you. And they do have some interesting stuff on the menu.
~~Food~~
When I am in New Orleans, I have to have a po'boy. This time I had the shrimp and soft shell crab po'boy. Now I did not know, that with soft shell they fried it in the shell. But you are suppose to eat it all, hence the name soft shell. It was very tasty, if you never had a po'boy before, I suggest you make it to New Orleans and get one. We started off with an appetizer or fried crawfish (OMG), fried pickles (these were unbelievable good), and fried alligator (no it did not taste like chicken...more like fish). Every thing was great Also, on the menu was turtle soup and some other stuff...don't know if I am that adventurous yet. Top this off with a Hurricane and I asked for a slurricane (that's one with an extra shot of 151 rum) Overall, the food is a must. Now I know why I like the food in New Orleans so much. (Pic...from top left to bottom: Fried Pickles, Fried Alligator, Fried Crawfish)
~~Overall~~
Every thing was great. Top that meal off with about 5 glasses of Southern style lemonade...on a hot humid day, you drink as much liquids as possible. So if you ever venture to New Orleans...stop by the little town right outside of N.O. called Kenner and get you some great Cajun food.

G's rating
Food..... 5 G's
Price.... 2 G's
Overall .. 5 G's

No comments: