Tuesday, May 18

Let’s go to Jamaica and be alright!!!!!

That’s a catchy title and television commercial. I do need to mention in its on space about the food in Jamaica. As in the previous post, jerk seems to be spicier here in the states than in Jamaica. I thought it was us, but my cousin mention something about it when we came back, he said he notice the same thing when he was there. We search all over for some good Jerk, one of the best places we found was a place called Jerky’s (see pic). They had good Jerk chicken, pork, and this shrimp they had was off the charts. Another was a street vendor after we went to a club one night.

The food at our hotel was ok; well the buffet food was ok. As good as it could be for buffet food. We wanted to make reservation at one of the restaurants at the hotel, but we kept forgetting about the 2 p.m. cut off. Well we finally made it to "Pimento", the Caribbean restaurant, in our resort. And OMG!!!! This place was amazing; we had a five-course meal. The “Fi Wi Oxtail (see pic)” was probably the best thing I tasted while in Jamaica, when she order it, I was hoping that she order the Jerk because I got the “Rum Runners Chop”....and since we always eat off of each others plate.... I am not crazy about oxtail (my mom use to make oxtail soup), but this was different. It had oxtail in some type of sauce, risotto, and vegetables. We kicked ourselves knowing we should have eaten here each night, and I almost kicked her and took her plate. But I was nice because I know she would share…lol

If you ever stay at the Sunset Beach Spa and Resort in Montego Bay, make reservations for this restaurant every night.

No comments: