Tuesday, May 15

101 + 1 things about me

1. My full name is Gregory Elgin Kindred
2. My Aunt gave me my middle name because she liked Elgin Baylor....played for Lakers
3. I was a Math prodigy when I was growing up
4. I prefer to drink Gatorade over anything else
5. My favorite alcohol to drink is Bailey's Irish Creme
6. Never smoked in my life
7. Never did drugs in my life
8. But I know how to roll a blunt
9. Once I was in a bar and because I was bored, I went to everyone that smoked and bummed a cigarette. I ended up with 34 cigs and gave them to one of my boys.
10. My girlfriend got in a bar fight over me once
11. I got into a bar fight with some Chinese students once
12. When I was in Australia, I went skinny dipping.
13. I once played basketball with Michael Jordan and Isiah Thomas...separate occassions
14. I met Tupac the night he got shot
15. I once had a 30 min conversation with Omar Epps and one of the Wayans about nothing
16. I once took a sign language class in college....just for kicks and oh yeah to learn some sign language
17. I was stuck in the middle of Spain with one Euro in my pocket...but if you read my blog you know that
18. I once went on a pantie raid in college...probably be a g-string raid this day and age
19. for my 21st birthday, I drank 21 shots or Tanguaray....I swear I was not drunk
20. I know every book in the bible in order and know how to spell them
21. For some reason, I know who won the National Title in Basketball since '67
22. I have been to 7 final fours
23. I once slept outside all night for Indiana University basketball tickets (season tics)...we won the National title that year...so it was worth it
24. I have been to 40 of the 50 States
25. I have been to 10 foreign countries but never to New York City
26. I once fell out into the Tully River while white water rafting in Australia
27. I scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef
28. I cried once in the last 20 years....but I am a sensitive person
29. I play "I always love my momma" on her birthday and mother's day every year as soon as she picks up the phone
30. I was once married in a tom thumb wedding......and I am still friends with the girl today....boy I owe a lot of alimony
31. I was once the preacher that married someone in a tom thumb wedding
32. I danced in a cage once on disco night in college at this bar
33. My favorite movie is "Shawshank Redemption"
34. 2nd favorite is a toss up between "Five Heartbeats", "Hoosiers", and "Its a wonderful life"
35. Favorite all time song is "Footsteps" by the Isley Brothers
36. Favorite group is the O'Jays
37. favorite food is fish
38. Sleep with the TV or radio on because I use to be scared growing up and used to hear things down stairs...needed to drown out that sound
39. My favorite football team is the Pittsburgh "Steelers...all of my life
40. Baseball is Chicago Cubs
41. Never seen the Cubs lose a game in person
42. Once started a snowball fight between Indiana U and Michigan St fans at a football game.
43. Once drove all the way to Shreveport, LA to see a girl on a spur of a moment with my boys
44. Slept in a van on the side of the highway during Freak 'nic '94....woke up by a cop
45. Slept in a Hostel in Madrid
46. Tasted Kangeroo...and no it did not taste like chicken
47. Got stuck in an elevator in the 5th grade for 3 hours in Washington D.C
48. Once picked up a hitch hiker on a highway in a thunderstorm
49. I love swimming
50. I hate a lot of ice in my drinks
51. I drink about a gallon of water a day
52. My eyes are brown
53. I still get chills when I watch the ending of Hoosiers, IU winning the National Championship, and the end of Glory Road
54. I once gave a girl lavender Roses...prettiest roses that I ever saw
55. I was once given Roses
56. I took massage classes so I could give a good massage
57. I am the least bit selfish
58. I believe what goes around comes around
59. My favorite quote right now is "Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, and faith looks up"
60. 2nd favorite is "we are not human beings having a spiritual experience, but spiritual beings having a human experience"
61. I've only had one type of DQ blizzard in my life..."banana split"
62. Brother and I invented a Banana split cheesecake....we checked, no other recipe out there
63. Favorite type of Misty is Grape and Lemon Lime mixed together...have not had any other flavor in 30 years.
64. Love strawberry ice cream
65. girl at work gave me the biggest compliment ever when she ate my banana split cheesecake...I quote "My mouth just had an orgasm".....
66. My favorite juice is grapefruit.....could drink it all day.
67. When I was in grade school I wanted to be an air traffic controller
68. I wore fake glasses in college...just because
69. I will do anything for a friend or a love one
70. I was 7 when I had my first kiss
71. My first girlfriend at the age of 7 was Lisa Webb
72. Saw Lisa at my last class reunion and I was like "whew"...but she had to let everyone know I was her first kiss...so embarrassed...LOL
73. My first love was named Nicole Sims
74. We dated for 8 months before she told her father....her father and my father are best friends. everyone knew but him.....never understood that...his wife even knew
75. I love to sing
76. If I grew up in the 60's I would of been a temp...that's a temptations
77. I can't stand Watermelon
78. Once made girlfriend brush her teeth because she had just eaten watermelon
79. I type pretty fast
80. My first dog was name "Major"
81. i am not a pet person
82. I was life guard certified once
83. I am Scuba certified...but I will never go scuba diving again...twice was enough
84. I spent 2 weeks in Australia all by my self
85. I tend to see the good in people....I usually give people the benefit of the doubt
86. I could be your best friend
87. I dont lose my temper easily...but you dont want to be around when I do
88. I forgive easily
89. Sometimes at night, I just lay in my bed and write...nothing important
90. Once got a ticket in Louisiana and got out of it by telling them it was not me.
91. Sang on stage with a choir at the Gospel brunch in Vegas
92. Once turned $78 into $1534 on the craps tables in Vegas...and left Vegas with most of it.
93. Used to get comp rooms in Vegas at the hotel...no I am not a big baller
94. Read over 100 books in my life time....that's not that many
95. Carolina Blue is my favorite color
96. I would love to go on Jeopardy or Lingo
97. If I could have one dream job...I would love to announce college basketball
98. Everyone in my family would bend over backwards for another member of the family
99. I have swam in 3 oceans, 18 rivers, 4 lakes, 2 seas, countless numbers of pools, and 4 pennisula
100. For the most part, I have lived a charmed life
101. God has smiled on me big time
102. To type this, I had too much time on my hand.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Greg this is amazing,I wouldn't think of even 100 unique things about me.

Unknown said...

Am glad am the first one to comment about your 101+1 things. You're so blessed.