Friday, June 15

Maxim Bar E Restaurante...Rio, Brazil

While strolling down the beaches of Rio looking for a place to eat, we decided to stop in above mention place. Now, we all just wanted something lite to eat. I recommended that my friends try the garlic chicken bites, they are wonderful and have just enough garlic to make you go "that's tasty" and also keep the vampire girls away...LOL Since I have eaten those before on several occasions, I wanted to try something different.

So I settled in on the Brazilian/Cuban entree` (see pic on left). I am so glad that I did. On this platter there was fried chicken breast, fried bananas, bacon, french fries, and it came with something else that I told them that I did not want. I guess you might be thinking, that's a strange combination of food. But it worked. Everything was tasty, especially the fried bananas. My friends help me eat some of this....because all of this food was on a very large platter, that probably could feed about 4 people (well four small people...LOL). I think what really thrilled me was the combination of chicken, bananas, and bacon. Try finding that combination in America. Of course, you have to wash all of this down with a nice premium SKOL cerveja (that's beer for the Portuguese challenged).


Overall, this was a tasty treat and with the great backdrop of beach....almost did not noticed the women in thongs; but that is another kind of post. Price for the meal was the best deal of all, about $8 USD. So, if you ever in Rio, on Copacabana beach, and are strolling down the shore....stop in to Maxim....you will not be disappointed.

G's rating
Food........ 4 1/2 G's
Price........ $

2 comments:

The Black Planeteer said...

Ummm, the fried bananas (are you sure they weren't plantains? LOL)sound delicious and the price delicious-er! Yes, I made up my own word. :^)

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.